What is Vinyl film (PVC)?and vinyl sheet? Vinyl, otherwise known as polyvinyl chloride, or PVC, is a thermoplastic material, which means that it can be reprocessed using heat. This property affords it the capability of being manufactured in a broad range of formats. However, with respect to what we do at Grafix, we refer to vinyl as a thin film that ranges in thickness from .003” to ?”.
Grafix Plastics’ own registered trade mark for vinyl film is Clear-Lay?. Our Clear-Lay film is produced by two mechanical methods – calendaring or forced extrusion. Calendared PVC Film is the type of vinyl film that Grafix stocks, because of its superior clarity and surface.
- High clarity
- Good dimensional stability
- Easily die-cut
- Printable with conventional screen and offset printing methods
- Melt point of about 158 degrees F./70 degrees C.
- Available in Clear and Matte
- Many custom production options: Colors, Finishes, etc.
- Available in wide range of thicknesses (.003″ – .030″)
Ready to talk with us?
Please click the start an inquiry button, and we’ll help you solve your plastic materials problems.